boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help? got a baxi combi 30 HE which works when it wants to. can go 3-4 days with no problem then it wont fire and fan light flashes. everything working up until firing up ie. pump, fan all working as normal. no signs of blown pcb and as far as i can tell air pressure switch is ok but not 100% on this. Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Do you have it serviced? The fan could be full of muck and dust and is struggling to spin.

You can generally check the pressure switch by blowing down it and hearing the clicking sound inside to see if it is operating or not.

Do you have it serviced? The fan could be full of muck and dust and is struggling to spin.

You can generally check the pressure switch by blowing down it and hearing the clicking sound inside to see if it is operating or not.

this isn't a good idea as you will blow alot harder than the fan so want tell you anything, also you can damage the APS by blowing to hard

Both of you seem to have overlooked that you are recommending him to do a DIY gas repair.

Apart from not being sensible advice for a DIYer, its also against the forum rules!

Only a registered engineer should be opening the combustion chamber.

Sponsored Links
Both of you seem to have overlooked that you are recommending him to do a DIY gas repair.

Apart from not being sensible advice for a DIYer, its also against the forum rules!

Only a registered engineer should be opening the combustion chamber.

You're quite right Tony, And i completely missed that point, however i was telling him not to do something rather than do something so i didn't break the rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back