Boiler random shut down.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any reason why a boiler would just turn off without any error messages, it was running fine chugging along at 70 then a sound from one of the rads, on checking the boiler it was off even though the thermostat was calling for heat. A few minutes later it fired up again.

Attachments

• IMG_20230121_201547.jpg
    IMG_20230121_201547.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230121_201518.jpg
    IMG_20230121_201518.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20230121_201634.jpg
    IMG_20230121_201634.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You will get better responses if you simply add your pics via the site rather than use 3 rd party apps to add them, simply on the bottom left hand corner you will see attach files click that and add your pics

Sorry, silly question, but do you have a combi? Did someone turn the hot water on?

Sponsored Links
Had another engineer look at the boiler tuesday, he did agree the system was taking a long time to get upto temperture.

He made an adjustment to the combustion to be within manufactures parameters on min and max rate, also noted the fan sounds noisy
and could also be weak and has asked me to monitor the boiler.

This evening I have found the thermostat to be calling for heat twice and gone into the room where the boiler is and it's off showing 45C on the screen.

I've been quoted £300 to replace the fan and if this didn't work he suggested the boiler might need replacing.

I'm not convinced replacing the fan would solve the issue, other than the boiler turning off it runs quiet with no fault codes
but it is slow to heat up, Is it worth trying a new fan ?

While checking the boiler I noticed a small poping sound then the boiler temperture dropped by about 10 degrees, I didnt catch the drop on video
only it heating back up and the fluctuations after.

https://youtu.be/Xkva1ExfU6Q

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back