Boiler recommendation

Do you know which ones are still assembled here? I heard Vaillant are, funnily enough! But what about the famous names like Ideal, Baxi and Worcester?
Vaillant & Glow-worm (same company and in some cases same boilers) are assembled here, as are Ideal. I think most Baxi/Main (same boilers, different badges) are, and some of the WB range. Vaillant are of course based in Germany, Ideal are owned by a French company, Baxi are owned by a Dutch company, WB are German owned.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant & Glow-worm (same company and in some cases same boilers) are assembled here, as are Ideal. I think most Baxi/Main (same boilers, different badges) are, and some of the WB range. Vaillant are of course based in Germany, Ideal are owned by a French company, Baxi are owned by a Dutch company, WB are German owned.
How the world has changed!!

I've personally got an internal and it's been faultless. I have a friend with an atag and that's been really reliable aswell though boiler engineers don't seem to like them.
What is internal?

It's a free app by Govee that goes with the Govee thermometers. I bought 2 bundles under two email addresses to get £10 off around 6 weeks ago. I only paid £54 for the 4 of them but they have now shot up.
I'll take a look.

Sponsored Links
Plenty of boiler installers on YouTube. Check out Alan Hart who also does boiler reviews.

Last edited:
Ideal assembled in UK but french or Chinese heat exchanger, Italian plate exchanger, dutch hydraulics, french owned.

Baxi french exchanger but think the Ali still cast here, assembled with parts from everywhere Netherlands owned

Worcester German castings now made in UK prior to that the only thing made in UK was the case but assembled here.

Vaillant German assembled here

intergas dutch sold here only

Vokera sold here only, American

Ideal assembled in UK but french or Chinese heat exchanger, Italian plate exchanger, dutch hydraulics, french owned.

Baxi french exchanger but think the Ali still cast here, assembled with parts from everywhere Netherlands owned

Worcester German castings now made in UK prior to that the only thing made in UK was the case but assembled here.

Vaillant German assembled here

intergas dutch sold here only

Vokera sold here only, American

So interesting, all of this. Thanks

Last edited:
Besides the "big names" there are many smaller companies whose products are good quality and are marketed by reputation and not by advertising.

( My only connection with J&S is that I have one of their boilers )

Thanks for the recommendations. The Viessmann 111-W seems like an interesting option. Only thing, like you mentioned is the size. I would need to double-check whether this would fit in the space we are intending to place the boiler. The boiler also seems to fall under the combi section, but with it having a built-in storage cylinder, would the thermostat need to be a 2 channel option (for heating and water) or will it work on a single channel one? Asking as I have already purchased the single channel version of the Drayton Wiser smart thermostat which is supposed to be for combi boilers. I suppose I could consider the Viessmann 100-W instead, but the built storage cylinder could be helpful.

I'd rather stay away from Vaillant. I know they are supposed to be fairly highly regarded and I have been recommended the EcoTec Plus model by a heating engineer friend. Based off the experience my parents had though, I have discarded them as an option.

I'll have a look at the Intergas models but it seems that there aren't many distributor options to purchase them.
Yes I've also found a lack of Intergas installers in my area.

The 111-W only requires 1 channel, so the Drayton Wiser 1 channel option is the one you'd need. The heating of the internal storage cylinder is handled by the boiler without any external timers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back