New Boiler recommendations, please...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an 18 year old Gloworm system boiler, starting to show its age. Looking at Worcester Bosch 30CDi to replace it, but would like comments on alternatives, please. 4 bedroom detached, 1 bathroom and 1 en-suite shower, with hot water tank and 2 tanks in loft, so think we need 30kW output. Not interested in going Combi :)

Sponsored Links
There are about two or more similar posts a week here. Better for you to rad them.

Better still to choose a local installer and discuss with them!

Each will have their own favourite!

Tony

Thanks Tony, I did have a look, but most were for Combi choices and I don't want one of those. Taking your point about discussing with an installer, how do I find one that is properly independent of the manufacturers? :)

Try and find a local installer that holds several appliance manufacturer accreditations, generally they can offer you a choice. I offer my customers 3 or 4 options. 30kw is a lot, generally don't need anything that big unless an unvented cylinder is involved.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that guidance - I'll do some research on the local guys to see who offers what. 30kW was what the Worcester Bosch website comes out with when you select 4 bedrooms plus a bathroom and shower room, recommending the 30CDi as a replacement.

boiler manufacturers seem to price by the kw output..as the bigger the output the bigger the house..

try IDHEE.org for their heatloss calculator..

what output is your current boiler? is it heating your house and hot water? has it been reliable ? Why not another Glowworm if that one has done you well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back