Boiler replacement options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had good service from a potterton Netaheat 10-16 boiler for far longer than I dare admit to - but my nerve is running out and replacement next summer is my intention.

The boiler is currently mounted on the party wall we share with next door and before recent "must have condensing" legislation I was advised that a condensing boiler would be inappropriate due to the proximity of the flue outlet to next doors garden.

Just wonderin' what the position is now - do I have to have a condensing replacement boiler and if so what do I do about the next door problem - or does legislation only apply to new installations.

Basically what are my options and what factors affect choice of boiler

Sponsored Links
As long as your flue fires down the garden you could just errect a fence of suitable hight, making sure it is outside manufacturers instructions restrictive distance from inside corner. That varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, but the British Standard (which is overruled by mnanufcaturers instructions) distance is 300mm.
Clear as mud?

otoh in a local council estate no consideration has been payed to neighbouring properties vis a vis condensing flues.

But of course councils have all the local power and do as they wish without having to offer themselves a drink (as they used to call it when I worked in London).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back