Boiler replacemet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi every one , new on here so please bear with me..
Just had British Gas round to quote for replacing the boiler..Alot o what they said makes sense apart from the price £2400-2600 depending on which boiler we go for...
Q1 do i need to get the system POWER FLUSHED as they advised.

Q2 now i know what type of boiler i need could i get a local heating engineer to do the work.....

Q3 does anyone know any good heating engineers around Daventry/Banbury

Sponsored Links
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Ask friends or family for a recommendations (get 3 quotes for the same boiler/spec.)

Andy

Thanks for the reply Andy,,,,just moved to a new house in a new area so i guess i will have to take a punt with some one :D
lee

Please make sure you know where the main stop cock is and check it works, also make sure you know how to turn the electric and gas off. These are the 3 main important things new house holders should know. (In my opinion.)

Happy DIY-ing and welcome

Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi guys I have just been looking at a quote for a power flush when i replace my boiler.....For an extra £150 i can replace all the rads in the house......would it be better to replace the rads or have the power flush done...

Lee

A powerflush, done properly, will clean the pipework as well as the rads, maybe something to think about, but putting new rads and boiler on old pipework might be a case of throwing good money after bad.

If you are new to the area, ask the neighbours. I found them an invaluable source of information when I bought my house.

BG a making progress :mrgreen: Couple of years ago they quoted me 4000 for a boiler replacement and it was their summer sale price. The installers I found charged me 1100.

And it amused me to compare how they work. The BG chaps used a laptop and specialized software to calculate the size of the boiler. Took them 15 minutes. The local installer thought for about 30 seconds and advised me about the size (same as BG program calculated) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back