Potterton Netaheat Boiler Stat fault ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

As you have all helped me in the past, please can I ask for what may be obvious answers to my queries.

I think that I have finally got to the bottom of my central heating cutting out issue. I have noticed that the boiler is not cutting with the Boiler stat, you can turn the knob up or down after the boiler has been on for a long time and nothing happens. However if i turn up the Room stat (say 90deg) or cylinder stat (say 80deg) so that it continually calls for heat, after a while the boiler cuts out via the override safety switch under the boiler.

I have done some internet research and find that the Potterton part no 404500 has now been superseded to 907729.

Q1 Do you think that I am correct in mw diagnosis
Q2 Can I repair it
Q3 have I got he right part number

Thanks again all for your time and help. :confused:

Sponsored Links
HELP

Please somebody. All i mainly would like to know is do you think that my Boiler stat is broken

It does sound as if the boiler stat may have failed.

However replacing it involves opening the combustion chamber which should only be done by a competent registered engineer.

Thats particularly relevant with positive case boilers like yours!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back