Boiler Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am moving into a new flat which has a combi boiler which has been there for over 7 years without it being serviced. Do combi boilers need to be serviced regularly and how long do they last for, am I going to have to have it replaced or fixed soon after I move it. It was fitted by British Gas.

Any advise if much appreciated

Many thanks

J

Sponsored Links
What is it
what needs fixing
Combis last 3 - 30 years or so ;)

All gas appliances should be serviced every 12 months. I would negotiate a price reduction as you may need a new boiler or repairs due to lack of servicing.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
All gas appliances should be serviced every 12 months. I would negotiate a price reduction as you may need a new boiler or repairs due to lack of servicing.

Or it may and proberbly is perfectly fine in which case asking for a price reduction and jeapodising a purchase of a property is a little over the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back