boiler service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Am about to get my combi boiler serviced for the first time since I moved into my place (about 3 years ago) and would like some advice about where/how to find a reputable boiler man and general things to be make sure are included in the price

- eg. british gas 'service' looks pretty basic and i'm not sure it's much more than a basic safety check really!

Ta.

Sponsored Links
It all depends on the model and type of boiler.

What needs to be done depends on the boiler.

Some older people spend hours sweeping the boiler and hoovering it out but do little else.

In my view, apart from any cleaning its important to visually inspect the internals, the flue terminal and the pipework connections. I might listen to the pump with a mechanical stethescope.

Its then important to check the performance is correct. I have seen many combis with significantly blocked plate heat exchangers which had not been identified on a recent boiler service.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back