boiler servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a new central heating system installed 2 years ago,which
runs off a worcester 24cdi.
in the manual it recommends servicing every year. what exactly is involved in servicing a boiler?
im in the motor trade and i know that a basic service on a car is basicly an m.o.t inspection with a few lubrication and level checks.
so my point is if i get someone in to service it will they just remove the
front cover poke about a bit umm and arrr and say thats all working fine
and relive me of a wad of cash.?
or should i really get it done.

Sponsored Links
You have already said that in the manual it recommends servicing once a year, MI's are the boilers bible therefore yes get it serviced ;)

Obviously early services are as you say an mot but they get more important as time goes on. for the price, which isn't much, surely it's best to keep it good shape and hopefully wring a few years extra service out of it.

Open flued appliances of course you would have to be mad not to service but room sealed appliances can be equally risky if not looked after properly.

Finally if you get a good heating engineer in it should not just be the boiler that is serviced but the whole heating system from rad valves to ball cocks to leaks to...well everything really

i know that a basic service on a car is basicly an m.o.t inspection with a few lubrication and level checks.........and relive me of a wad of cash.

I know the feeling, something about boots and feet..........

for what its worth we have bg service repair, repair ,repair, fix, repair ours

Sponsored Links
joking aside i think we have had our moneys worth out of bg, but as i said well worth it, since the other we had tried were a pain, wrong part, not sorted problem (re ocured same day) but that was paid for by our house insurance, a mate suggested bg so.......

and b4 you ask why not the nice old boy who installed it, sadly he's dead :eek:

A maintenance programm is worth considering so that all breakdowns etc are covered as well as the service,BG or Worcester are around £13 a month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back