Boiler Service

Just to recall this old thread,

I have just had HeatTeam here servicing the Baxi Barcelona again - fastest service yet.

15 mins from start to finish and out to the front door.

He removed the front, fired it up, checked the gases with his analyzer, tighthened the burner front and that was it.

He asked if it was giving trouble - I said no, seems fine. He said good, your lucky, these are rubbish. If I touch anything I'll be back for the next two days !!

And before you say it, NO, I am not saying it should be stripped down for the sake of it, I am just telling you for your opinions if your interested.

Thanks

Stoyer

Sponsored Links
And just to recall again,

Same guy from Heat Team has just been and "Serviced" my boiler.

Told me the same thing, took same amount of time. Check flue gases, checked tightness of burner cover screws, checked trap outside for frost. Put a rubber hose on a nipple of some sort. Had a cup of coffee and left.

Sorry you cannot call this a service - its an inspection and a dear one.

The trap is still full of dirty mucky water.

Its not what the MI book says ?

Stoyer

The proper strip service involves the removal and re-assembly of the sump which is almost impossible to re-seal (due to its design) and can mean a new part. Other than what you've had done you'll find many engineers won't attend them at all (me included).

Sorry you cannot call this a service - its an inspection and a dear one.

FFS are you going to come on here every year to tell us how disappointed you are with the service/inspection of your boiler.

I bet you stand about an inch from the engineer while he is doing it.

Just accept it and move on with your life :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back