Baxi 133HE+ A nightmare. Input please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all

After a 3 year ordeal with a Baxi 133HE+ boiler almost identical to the 100HE & 80HE Im about to give up on the product, Heateam & the company.

In this time Ive had over 30 callouts to Heateam & 3 boilers later, Im left with a new 133HE+ which is hideously unreliable & very very noisy. I have all the same problems as 3 years ago except 1. Thats only 1 problem fixed & it took 3 years to do it! I have inherited 2 more new problem with this new unit.

Main problems are;

Unbelievable unreliable
Boiler causes lots of gassing into the system water.
Gets stuck in hot water mode for an hour or more (Fixed for now)
Very bad vibration
Lots of loud noises from;

Divert valve (Clonk bang)
Divert valve actuator (Wuring, hum, donk)
Gas valve (Knock)
Relays (Klick klick klick klick klick klick KLICK)
Fan (Jet engine)
Spark Ignition (Donk)
Gas ignition (Wooom)
Airplane noise (like V2 Buz Bomb) Whole unit vibrates like crazy & all the pipes its connected to.

Im not the only person with these problems & some of the problems go back a long way, pre 2000 to models like the Barcelona.

My neighbour has given up with Baxi Potterton & removed their boiler to fit a Worcester Bosch. Its beautifly quite, almost silent. Wow how lovely. The extra expence is wow too @ £3200. Worth every penny i think.

Your thoughts please.

W

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
woody-uk said:
Hi to all

After a 3 year ordeal with a Baxi 133HE+ boiler almost identical to the 100HE & 80HE Im about to give up on the product, Heateam & the company.

In this time Ive had over 30 callouts to Heateam & 3 boilers later, Im left with a new 133HE+ which is hideously unreliable & very very noisy. I have all the same problems as 3 years ago except 1. Thats only 1 problem fixed & it took 3 years to do it! I have inherited 2 more new problem with this new unit.

Main problems are;

Unbelievable unreliable
Boiler causes lots of gassing into the system water.
Gets stuck in hot water mode for an hour or more (Fixed for now)
Very bad vibration
Lots of loud noises from;

Divert valve (Clonk bang)
Divert valve actuator (Wuring, hum, donk)
Gas valve (Knock)
Relays (Klick klick klick klick klick klick KLICK)
Fan (Jet engine)
Spark Ignition (Donk)
Gas ignition (Wooom)
Airplane noise (like V2 Buz Bomb) Whole unit vibrates like crazy & all the pipes its connected to.

Im not the only person with these problems & some of the problems go back a long way, pre 2000 to models like the Barcelona.

My neighbour has given up with Baxi Potterton & removed their boiler to fit a Worcester Bosch. Its beautifly quite, almost silent. Wow how lovely. The extra expence is wow too @ £3200. Worth every penny i think.

Your thoughts please.

W

It must be something special out of this world to cost £3200. Surely even the top end boilers i.e vaillant and visessman don't cost that much. Could you tell us more please.

No not realy. 130 is the one I had before & replaced it with a 133. You know fits strait on. Huge mistake.

Quote from the fitter inclued instalation & redoing all the pipe work to & from the boiler but under the flore to keep it looking neat.

W

andsam said:
It sounds a little better than the 130 HE.

I wish it would go BANG! Then Id be rid it it for good.

croydoncorgi said:
Gas ignition (Wooom)
No, no, no... that's the flatulent elephant next door. A Baxi with 'the detonation problem' goes BANG!

woody-uk said:
Hi to all

W

where is baxibob when you need him!

seriously though, I think any decent manufacturer would have condemned a boiler with that many callouts as a lemon and offered a free swap.

Take it to the tip and get something else to replace it.

Who is Baxibob???

Each time it has taken 4-5 months & a fight with letters & countless phone calls. They keep blaming the original Installer & system for everything. Makes me laugh because Heateam did the last 2 installs & comitions of the units, I have to say very badly at that. They have reluctantly replaced it twice under warranty. All units failed. Some lasted as long as 20 hours!!! They all got a completly rebiuld but have the same problems. It costing me plenty. The running costs of this unit is ridicules & its still in warranty.

The Warranty means nothing if Baxi Pottotern owen service crew Heateam can not keep it running properly for evan a single day.

2 power cleaning bills & cemicals £1200.
30+ callouts = 30+days off work as in no money!
2500 miles worth of travel by car @ £0.50 p/mile = £1250

Its crazy. Considering action with Trading Standards, Watch Dog & Which Mag.

I would be very interested with owners with the same problems.

Thanks

w

htgeng said:
woody-uk said:
Hi to all

W

seriously though, I think any decent manufacturer would have condemned a boiler with that many callouts as a lemon and offered a free swap.

Hay you know taking to the dump is probibly the best advice I have had & is going to remain the best advice I will ever get im sure.

Thank you I do believe your right.

w

htgeng said:
woody-uk said:
Hi to all

W

im sorry, but i dont believe that the origanal and 2 subsequent boiler were all at fault, and the system has nothing to do with it.....

the other thing you have to remember, is that baxi when they do a boiler change, its only the boiler they are changing, and they do this when there are no options left, so if they change it, for a new one, and this then develops the same/similar faults, it would be down to the system...

i dont know all the details, but you cant blame heateam for the last instals, cause it wasnt them....

No not realy. 130 is the one I had before & replaced it with a 133. You know fits strait on. Huge mistake.

Quote from the fitter inclued instalation & redoing all the pipe work to & from the boiler but under the flore to keep it looking neat.

notice the was no system flush!!!!

i dont seem to get too many problems around my area, and there are loads of the fitted, you come accross the usual suspects such as the odd door seal perishing, but nothing too dramatic..

just my thoughts, you might have got 2 lemons, but i would find it strange. i just find it slightly annoying when its a system fault, and everyone blames the boiler........

Hi thanks for responce.

3 years info is to much to put down here but some extras are;

System has been cemicaly cleaned & power flushed twice

System has been checked & recheck by Heateam & independants. They cant find anything wrong with it. Fernox Passed it to.

3 boilers with some differant fults but the main ones are consistant ie Stuck in DHW mode for hours at a time when everything is asking for heat for CH. Heateam confirm PCB fult. A modified PCB was fitted that problem solved for now.

New PCB also totaly corrected the gassing problem Iv had with boilers number 2 & 3 & Confirmed by Heateam. Unfortunatly the gassing has started again yesterday.

New PCB has crated 2 new fults also confirmed by Heateam. Loud airplane noise & bad vibration that gose though the hole house.

Heateam confirm all the units have had fults & not working properly. the last one was fulty strait out the box.

Heateam installed & comissioned the last 2 boilers. Of which they failed to put enough inhibitor in & test boiler number 2. After many drain downs over the next year the water was never topped up with inhibitor or tested.

Heateam are the only peaple to have worked on the units.

Im not laying blame to Baxi or Heateam, they have tryed hard to fix the problems. They have even sent out differant peaple & managers. Problem is I still have a boiler on the wall that wont stay fixed & when Heateam there owen service starf can not get any assistance from Baxi's owen Tech support center because they dont know, I have to ask myself that big question?

I hope this helps answer some of your thoughts & inspire some new ones.

Thanks

w

jasonvaughan said:
im sorry, but i dont believe that the origanal and 2 subsequent boiler were all at fault, and the system has nothing to do with it.....

the other thing you have to remember, is that baxi when they do a boiler change, its only the boiler they are changing, and they do this when there are no options left, so if they change it, for a new one, and this then develops the same/similar faults, it would be down to the system...

i dont know all the details, but you cant blame heateam for the last instals, cause it wasnt them....

notice the was no system flush!!!!

i dont seem to get too many problems around my area, and there are loads of the fitted, you come accross the usual suspects such as the odd door seal perishing, but nothing too dramatic..

just my thoughts, you might have got 2 lemons, but i would find it strange. i just find it slightly annoying when its a system fault, and everyone blames the boiler........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back