Baxi 133HE+ A nightmare. Input please

Sponsored Links
err yeah cheers kev, was trin to keep me head down.....lol.

there are certain things i cannot discuss on here as im sure you will understand, sounds like you have ha a bit of a rough time with it. what area do you live in..???

i hardly ever go out to the 133He's :eek:
Trust me they are a big improvement on the 130 HE

Also i cant see how the boiler would have been causing air to get into the system :confused:

Also i cant see how the boiler would have been causing air to get into the system

Neither can I!

'Gassing' and air leaks are completely different. Are we discussing hydrogen formation in the system? Or air gettingin somehow?

Either way, I simply cannot visualise any way that the boiler (or, in your comment, the PCB) could have any effect on it all.

If you're in or near South London, I'd like to have a (free-of-charge) look at this. I DO NOT offer a free fix. I want to look at the 'gassing problem' for another reason.

Sponsored Links
Hi Jason

Yes I do. Im a bit of a treck from you. Is the phone any good to us at a later stage?

At this time I have no further comments I can discuss, however I would like to keep a return visit option open. I think you understand me.

Many many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

w

jasonvaughan said:
err yeah cheers kev, was trin to keep me head down.....lol.

there are certain things i cannot discuss on here as im sure you will understand, sounds like you have ha a bit of a rough time with it. what area do you live in..???

Hiya thanks for all the input from everyone & the kind offer of an inspection, that is something I am very interisted in, however now is not the right time. I hope this offer can remain open If needbe.

At this point I am not in a position to disuss further. Im sure you can understand why.

Many thanks

w

croydoncorgi said:
Also i cant see how the boiler would have been causing air to get into the system

Neither can I!

'Gassing' and air leaks are completely different. Are we discussing hydrogen formation in the system? Or air gettingin somehow?

Either way, I simply cannot visualise any way that the boiler (or, in your comment, the PCB) could have any effect on it all.

If you're in or near South London, I'd like to have a (free-of-charge) look at this. I DO NOT offer a free fix. I want to look at the 'gassing problem' for another reason.

Hi guys

Ive had a good result. The only way forward is to fit a differant make of boiler.

I need a reliable quality unit that has been tried & tested. Quiet & fast in operation. I have done a little looking around & came up with WB.

I am looking at a WB CDi40 Combi

How good are they?
What are the alternatives?
Price not important with in reason.

The system was new 3 years ago & is configerd over 3 levels with combi boiler in the center to give the shortest DHW runs. Equivalent to 20 single rads Fully TRVs. Digi prog stat. 1 Bathroom/shower & 2 ensuits with showers, 1 of which is Electric shower as a safety against boiler failer (very usefull too!!!)

Am I going in the right direction?

Thanks

W

Big system, maybe the Baxi was overworked! ;)

Due to the large DHW requirements of the property IMO you would have been better with a heating/system boiler and large capacity unvented water cylinder.

That advice is probably a couple of years too late though as the installation cost would be high...

you would have been better with a heating/system boiler and large capacity unvented water cylinder.

That advice is probably a couple of years too late though as the installation cost would be high

True - if you try to abandon the combi concept altogether. But what you COULD consider instead is adding a relatively small 'auxiliary' unvented HW cylinder upstairs somewhere and running it as a separate 'zone' off the CH system plumbing.

There ARE definite problems to overcome, not least what happens to the efficiency of your condensing boiler when you're running the CH at 75 degrees to get reasonable recovery time on the hot water cylinder. You could use electric heating of the HW cylinder in summer, if you wanted to switch off the CH altogether.

To do this sort of thing really effectively you need a boiler with Opentherm and inbuilt weather compensation. (The Keston C36 has this, for example, but might not be big enough for you.) Then, you'd have an Opentherm-compatible programmer (Theben RAMtop or somesuch) which would regulate the CH flow temperature according to whether you were heating rads or hot water, or both. The really neat thing about this setup is that the temperature of the rads is reduced as the outside temperature rises, and increased as it gets colder outside. That way, the condensing boiler stays in condensing mode for as much of the time as possible (unlike most of the ones I see every week!).

OK - we're straying into 'overkill territory' here. But it could be done.

Hi sounds interisting.

Big system??? I guess yes it is but its also over kill to keep my tooties warm. I can always turn it down & the Baxi easly keeped it toasty even set to the min setting which was realy enough.

All though the place is quite big only 2 of us live there. No kids! Needed the extra space for my office & her office which leaves us with 1/2 spare rooms. Jobs means theres no 9 to 5 but can be any time any where & not local. This means after a long job (days/weeks). We usualy dont get back till stupid O clock & we dont want to wait 2 hours or more for the water to heat up before a shower & bed. Theres also no need to keep a tank piping hot when we are not around.

Spare rooms are for family & freinds sometimes.

We & installer decided a big combi should do what we ask of it. The other option was to fit 2 smaller combi units & split the system. Its a bit difficult & expensive to change to a none combi system now. We also much prefer the instant hot water thing & it dosent run out.

Which makes & units do you think would be good? Differant installers have differant iders for differant reasons. I realy like the ider of the inteligant progers that considers outside temps & adjusts flow temp to suit. Does that work with a combi?

May be I should start a new thread on this & cut out the crappy bit that started this thread off to start with.

W

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back