boiler settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this site is fantastic. so many folk giving good advice so we dont get ripped off.
live in bungalow with ch system new 9 years ago. the boiler is a ideal classic ff260 whatever that means. can you tell me the best setting one to six to put it at and what temp should the water cystern be set at ?we got 7 rads on the cicuit so what no. the pump want to be 1 2 or 3 ?
next problem is the power shower, i think was fitted by cowboys. were on the 2nd £400 mira pump. its in the loft so it has to draw water up then pump down to the shower. if we turn the shower off quik it starts the pump going on and off for ever unless its turned back on and then off very slow. ther is a brass bell like thing with a valve on it attached to the pump hot supply , is this some kind of air thing? if so should it be loose or tighted down, also on the ch pipes and near boilrer there is two similer valves ,should these be vented now and again or left alone. many thanks till next query.

Sponsored Links
for the pump setting do a search on pumps

as for the power shower sounds to me like the flow switch is fualty are you still in warantee if so call aqualisa and they will sort it out. if not think about getting a new ppump as 9 times out of 10 it works out cheaper than repairing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back