Boiler slowly gaining pressure over time

Went up to check this morning and there was a surprising amount of water that had come from both the cold inlet and the CH side of things as both connections were dripping.

So I can see 3 options I think:

Suck it up and get in a proper plumber who can fit new valves. This will cost quite a bit (£70+) in parts plus a very fiddly labour job. It seems this will just re-occcur in the future.

Leave it as it is and get a male and female blanking cap, one for the Flexi hose and one for the CH connection. Each time I need to refill, I will have to take these off, attach the hose, refill and then reverse those steps. I think the size is 3/8 but can be 100%.

Final option is to get a normal filling loop from Screwfix with isolator. Connect the normal size end (assuming it is a normal size - Valiant don't make it easy) to the cold inflow and then connect the current pipe into the valve on the new loop hose and then connect it up as normal. This will provide a new isolating valve from the new hose.

2 of those fixes are much cheaper and something I can do but is this just a bodge that will come back and bite me or is it actually an ok fix?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
PXL_20230409_071417223.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back