boiler temp for UFH

We still dont know if the OP has a second pump and blending valve.

If it does then the temp setting is required on the blending valve. Although if the boiler temp is lower that will still work.

40-45 C is usually the highest temp to supply to UFH. What is required depends on the floor construction and the level of insulation in the building. Better to start at 35 C and see how that works.

A USB temp monitoring/recording sensor is ideal for setting up a UFH system.

In an ideal world the temp would be supplied at the max initially to obtain the fastest heat up and then reduced as the house approaches the set temp. But thats in the realms of an intelligent adaptive controller.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It's got the pump on the boiler to send it up to the manifold &the pump to send the water round the UFH pipes. I'm not too sure what u mean by a blending valve? So I presume it hasn't got one :mrgreen:
I contacted glow worm & they understood what I was asking but didn't have an answer.
So I'll just try it between 35-40 to start off with but when winter comes round raise it a little.
I,ve only just built the house so I went crazy with the kingspan so it's probably a bit over rather than under insulated.

By the second pump there would usually be a blending valve!

Something with three pipes one to the second pump, one to the return and one to the flow. This would have a temperature adjustment and often a scale to assist with setting!

With no rads the blending valve and second pump are not really required. They are not used in most of Europe but installers here dont usually seem to realise that.

Tony

By the second pump there would usually be a blending valve!

Something with three pipes one to the second pump, one to the return and one to the flow. This would have a temperature adjustment and often a scale to assist with setting!

With no rads the blending valve and second pump are not really required. They are not used in most of Europe but installers here dont usually seem to realise that.

Tony

Sponsored Links
cookie11 wrote
unless you mean the thermostatic control valve that has a brass probe inserted just before the manifold

Does it have this device you outlined earlier? And does it have a name printed on the components anywhere?

dont think it has anything like that,
its a hep2o system with a giacomini manifold & actuators.
all it as is like i said before the flow reaches the manifold it has a thermostatically controlled valve which has a brass probe on the manifold, this is to stop too hot water from entering the manifold i presume.
other than that its just a manifold with a pump on it.

mixing-manifolds1.jpg

Slightly unusual but it will work as long as there is an auto bypass valve.

Tony

yep it works great, had it running brilliantly on 3 levels of the house but just wanted help fine tuning it.
& the big white knob on the top right is the bypass valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back