Boiler Temperature Not Settling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 40HE.

The last few days I have noticed a lot of condensation/air coming from the flue. I checked the boiler with the intention of reducing the maximum temperature going to the rads to reduce the condensation but found that the thermostat on the boiler is cycling between 49-53 degrees. Usually it's set at 65 when heating the rads and drops to around 53 on the return phase. When I try to adjust the boiler temperature its changing so rapidly its impossible to see what the temperature is.

The boiler is currently still coming on when heat is called for by our Cosy thermostat. Is it as simple as replacing the boiler thermostat or do I need to so something else?

I'm competent at performing most easy tasks on the boiler - new pumps, chemical flush, fixed a seized return value.

Sponsored Links
Is the condensate drain blocked.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Good suggestion. I haven't checked.

Its not frozen outside and the boiler isn't making any noises.
I'll go and detach the pipe at the boiler end now and see if theres an issue that side. Is there any other part of the condensor pipe I should check?

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
If they get blocked up then water is retained in the heat chamber and cue white smoke, banging if its bad and temp all over the place.

I had a tenants that was half full of water, after having a regular service every year by a fully qualified gas safe engineer.....insulation panels shot, sparker gone and a replacement spark detector, the boiler still ran half full of water and only stopped when the spark detector became submerged.....cost £490 + vat....so I would advise getting it cleaned out....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back