Boiler trouble!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon,

First post on here so hello to everyone.

I have a Vaillant Turbomax plus combi-boiler installed in my home.

95% of the time I am unable to get any hot water, yet at all times when the boiler is turned on the radiators are piping hot. Sometimes I can get hot water but this is very rare and you can imagine very frustrating!

I have suffered with this for a while now and need to get it sorted pretty soon as boiling kettles for hot water takes some time!

A mate thinks it may be the diverter valve, but was unable to give any more details as he's more of a sparky.

I believe it was last serviced in 2004 but I only moved in last year, I know I should have checked it over!

Could anyone shed some more light on to this, I'm not trained so I won't touch the thing myself, not worth it. But an idea of time and costs and if anyone's in the area who wants some business, Swanley area of Kent would be good.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Sponsored Links
Yes, almost certainly the diverter, though

at all times when the boiler is turned on the radiators are piping hot.

is concerning.
Is there a timer/room thermostat?
Do they work?

Thanks for the reply.

There's no thermostats in the rooms, the only way I can see to control the temperature is the two turn dials on the boiler itself. Hot water temp on top, radiators on the bottom.

You may have the pre-heat function turned and the diverter is sticking. Rotate the hot water temperature control fully clockwise and back a little to turn it off. Search previous postings on testing the diverter.

Sponsored Links
If your boiler has not been serviced for four years, it would not hurt to begin there.
Manufacturer says it should be done every year.
And you get an expert diagnosis of your current problem for free.

But thats only if you get it serviced by a proper diagnostic engineer rather than a service monkey!

We charge more to diagnose faults and usually come the same day!

For a routine service we come when we can fit it in but always at least a week in advance but then we charge less! But we do ask the question "is it a routine service and is the boiler working correctly as far as you know?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back