boiler whinning after i switched it back on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I took a radiator off and alot of water came out of the wrong ends and now have stopped it and the radiator is off and have turned the boiler back on and also the heating to see if the other radiators turn on. When I turned the heating on it is whinning is this because its trying to refil? the water lost when I was taking the read off. If I turn the heating off it stops any thoughts?
It was whinning for about 10m so have turned it off and will restart if i turn it back on.
Thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
there is a cold tank in the loft the noise seems to be comming from downstairs at the contol part where there is a air valve intake i guess

Sponsored Links
its your boiler, you can go and stand in front of it, come back to PC and type in its name ;)

try this turn off boiler at spur,find all motorized valves and lock in the "manual" position

start bleeding your radiators, downstairs first, one at a time

after venting all your rads, locate your pump. remove central bleed screw water should come out in a slow steady dribble. replace central bleed screw

vent hot water cylinder heating coil through bleed screw
unlock motorised valve

now try your heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back