Boiler Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Main Boiler keeps displaying E125 and E110 error codes

Baxi engineer has changed the pump and sensors on the boiler

However I keep getting the error code and this cuts off the heating to the property

The boiler and central heating install is approximately 1.5 years old

TRV's are bi-directional

The system is clean, it has inhibitor and it has been bled

What could be the issue?

When the heating is running, I occasionally hear a rattling sound, like a little pebble in one of the rads and my drain off valve is blocked.

The engineer mentioned that flux (or some other muck) could be in the system. He suggested that an 'old school' powerflush could sort it. He said that the old way, doesn't involve the modern powerflushing machine. Anyone know what he's on about?

Sponsored Links
This is the same issue as the previous postings...keep it under the same thread.
Does this do it in heating mode, hot water mode or both?
I assume this was a Baxi/Main eng replacing the parts under warranty?
Old school means a chemical clean and flush.

Main Boiler keeps displaying E125 and E110 error codes

The first is poor circulation, the second boiler overheat - which are basically the same thing, water flow through your system is not adequate.

'and my drain off valve is blocked.' It sounds as if your new boiler installer, simply slapped a new boiler on the wall and hoped, which is not good for a modern boiler with narrow water passages. Your system ought to have at least been checked, to enure it is really clean and maybe a filter added.

You need to drain it down and give it a thorough, proper flush out. Maybe take rads off the wall, take them outside and flush them through too. Whilst it's off and drained, add a filter to the boiler return pipe.

I doubt a drain down and flush will make any difference. For those fault codes there's major flow issue.
The boiler doesn't get a chance to modulate down as the overheat stats going off.

Sponsored Links
Old school means a chemical clean and flush.
Hot water appears to be okay

Boiler is under warranty

So is old school, putting something like this in the system, then draining it out?

The first is poor circulation, the second boiler overheat - which are basically the same thing, water flow through your system is not adequate.

'and my drain off valve is blocked.' It sounds as if your new boiler installer, simply slapped a new boiler on the wall and hoped, which is not good for a modern boiler with narrow water passages. Your system ought to have at least been checked, to enure it is really clean and maybe a filter added.

You need to drain it down and give it a thorough, proper flush out. Maybe take rads off the wall, take them outside and flush them through too. Whilst it's off and drained, add a filter to the boiler return pipe.
Thanks

The system has a magnetic filter

The drain off valve was installed after the boiler install, by another chap. So I can't pass the blame to the boiler installer

By proper flush out, are you also referring to the following?

1. Drain system
2. Add cleaner to the system for a week
3. Drain system again
4. Whip off rads and hose them?
5. Refit rads, add inhibitor and fill

They do change items (inside the boiler case) that could be suspect. Its really an installer issue
The Baxi engineer said that he'd change the PCB if the errors occurred again. Sounds like this won't sort the issue

Does a flush out of the central heating overcome the installer issue?

The system has a magnetic filter

Good, have you checked it / cleaned it?

By proper flush out, are you also referring to the following?

1. Drain system
2. Add cleaner to the system for a week
3. Drain system again
4. Whip off rads and hose them?
5. Refit rads, add inhibitor and fill

That seems to be what is needs, yes..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back