Boiler won't pressurise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
trying to re presure my boiler like I have done many times before. Connected the flexi hose and opened both valves. Usually it whooshes for about 20 seconds and the presure gauge goes up to about 1.5 bar. Today I tried to top it up and opened the values. It whooshed for 5 secs then no noise and the gauge didn't move. Disconnected the flexi hose from one value and opened it, water came out. Did the same on the other side water came out. I'm thinking that the Mains water valve is a non return valve but may be faulty. Any othe ideas would be a great help. Thanks kindly.

Sponsored Links
I have removed the flexi hose and opened the valve and water comes out. I reconnected the hose to make sure it wasn't an issue with the hose and the water comes out as well. It's confusing me a bit.

Sponsored Links
It's an Alpha CD25X it's reading 0.75 bar. Would that stop the water going in as you can hear the whoosh of the mains water for 1 or 2 seconds then nothing. Before it would carry on whooshing till I turned it off.

It's either blocked gauge and reading incorrectly so water stops because actually your boiler is at the same pressure as your water main.

Or

0.75 bat is all u have available from your main right now. Any work going on on the water main. How is it at the taps.

Or

Faulty non return valve bit of that was the case no water would have gone through and gauge wouldn't have changed at all

The gauge didn't move any. There's no work going at the moment and our water presure seems good. It's been sitting just on the edge of the green area for a while. I'm going to change the mains water in valve as its a non return just to cross that off also it's an easy 10 min job. After that I will change the gauge if this doesn't work. Bloody boiler. Thanks for your help on this

Filling loop valve would be easiest cheapest starting point

Yep that's were I'm starting nice easy job and fingers crossed that's it. Off out to pick up a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back