Boiler won't turn on heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Glow-worm Fuelsaver 35F boiler (i think) which has started to misbehave every so often. The problem occurs if the heating tries to turn on on its own. Nothing happens. The room thermostat is showing live so its feeding power accordingly but nothing. The gas not turned on either.
If you then tell it to turn on the water the boiler will fire up and the heating will also operate accordingly

To fix it I have to pull the power from the boiler and then switch it back on again at the fuse box. After this its all fine again.

Its very random as to when it can do it, it was weeks ago before it did it last but then it did it a couple times in a week.

I have recently changed the room thermostat and timer module too neither of which affected this problem.

Sponsored Links
yeah I do. It looks like its moving around when i select the heating but not fully.

Would that not working stop the boiler kicking in?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back