Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokere Mynute 20se central heating boiler, which was fitted nearly four years ago.
This has to be topped up from the mains using a tap and dial on the boiler at various intervals.
However, five weeks ago it started using a lot of water. The engineer came & said in his opinion the coil was holed and he would change the hot-water cylinder.
He did this but the problem is still there.
Any ideas as to what the fault is as he doesn't seem to be answering my phone calls? Thanks,
t-p.

Sponsored Links
although it sounds obvious, if you are loosing pressure have you checked all the pipe work for leaks, we are talking small, but still a leak.

Hi tp,its a shame you didnt post when the problem started as someone could have advised that if it was a split coil you would see dirty water from the hot taps.There is not a lot you can do about the plumber,except perhaps if he is registered with the institute of plumbing you could contact them to ask if there is anything they can do to shame him into refunding the labour costs,but its a long shot. They do have a code of practice standards so its worth a try.The web site is at www.plumbers.org.uk

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, the good news is the plumber has been in touch & is coming today.
The bad news is I don't think he's got a clue to the fault!
If we had a leak somewhere it would be straightforward but there are no signs anywhere.
t-p.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back