Boilermate 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just looking for some advice.

I have a boilermate 2000 and everything is working ie I have hot water when needed, radiators coming on, house is warm etc but for some reason if I turn the temperature gauge to any temperature the pilot light will continually go off and on all day. So for example if I set the temperature gauge at 15, 22, 25, 28 the pilot light will come on and the house gets warm then the pilot light goes off even though the house hasn't reached the set temperature but then within 30 seconds the pilot light will come back on again. The pilot light will stay on for say 5 minutes then go back off again. This action is repeated throughout the day?

Any ideas?

Will appreciate any guidance.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Pilot light ? Are you referring to the burner burning gas ?
Boilers don't burn gas non stop ,they will stop when the temperature INSIDE the boiler reaches a given upper limit ,and whilst the pump continues to circulate the water through the boiler , the temp drops to the lower limit and the boiler fires up again burning gas. This happens repeatedly whilst there is a central heating demand.

Pilot light is fine it just keeps kicking in and kicking out every 5 mins regardless whether the temperature has been reached or not! Previously the pilot light would stay on continuously until the temperature was reached.

Sponsored Links
Pilot light is fine it just keeps kicking in and kicking out every 5 mins regardless whether the temperature has been reached or not! Previously the pilot light would stay on continuously until the temperature was reached.
Yet again IT DOES NOT HAVE A PILOT LIGHT

Fair dues, I should of stated that I was referring to the gas burner

it is called fast cycling can be a few causes, sadly not much you can check yourself, call Gledhill and see if they will do a fixed price repair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back