Boilermate 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a Boilermate 2000. The radiators are coming on randomly when the thermostat is off. Timer on unit is set to manual. Plumbers I have had out aren’t sure if it’s the thermostat or the Boilermate. No other issues with hot water or the boiler. Anyone got any experience with this unit please?

Sponsored Links
Hello, I'm just wondering if you got to the bottom of the problem? We have had the same issue with our Boilermate 2000. Radiators warming up on occasion in the middle of the night or early morning, even though the heating is set to off. We don't feel it's serious enough to call a plumber (especially due to lockdown), because everything else is working fine, but we also don't want to ignore the problem and it get worse. Any advice would be useful, thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there, it was the control panel on the boiler mate that had gone. The part alone was £300. We signed up to heating care with British Gas & got it fixed a few weeks after. Working fine now.

Thanks Helen. We will get a plumber round if it gets worse but doesn't feel essential at the moment with everything else going on in the world. I appreciate your quick reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back