Boilermate 2000 DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has a Boilermate 2000. She complains that the hot water is far too hot. I would appreciate advice as to what are the most likely causes? She lives some 200 miles from me so it is not often that I make the trip. I do have a saved copy of the Boilermate 2000 Installation & Service manual which I downloaded and I see that it makes reference to a DHW sensor.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The Boilermate thermal store maintains a supply of very hot water that is used to heat the domestic hot water. Control of the temperature is usually achieved via a 'mixing valve' that blends the hot water with cold water to reduce the temperature of the water reaching the taps. The mixing valve can be adjusted to give different temperatures.

Capture.JPG

The mixing valve will look something like this, it may have a green or white cap that is removed to allow adjustment.

valve.JPG

Last edited:
Take a suitable thermometer and measure the hot water temperature on a bath tap,if no thermostatic mixing valve (tmv) is fitted (pic above,ta stem) then it should be 55 degree C.
If a thermostatic mixing valve is fitted it can be adjusted or replaced :idea:. If no tmv and the user wants lower hw temperature a tmv can be fitted.

Check if the switch heating element if fitted (240v hw & heating back up unit) , is not turned on. If its on it can produce hot water up to 70 degree C (n) If no tmv is fitted.

Could be a sensor fault but the above need checking first,does your daughter have any insurance for the hot water system (appliance insurance is sometimes bundled in with other insurance,worth a check) :idea:

I may be mistaken but my understanding is that the hand adjusted mixing valve you refer to is fitted to the modern Gledhill Thermal Store but not to the older Boilermate 2000. This has, I believe, a thermostatic sensor which operates electrically. So, thanks for your responses, but I would appreciate input from someone who has Boilermate 2000 experience.
P.S. No, the electrical heating element is not turned on I am assured.

Sponsored Links
but I would appreciate input from someone who has Boilermate 2000 experience.
umm who the feck wants to work on those appliances when they are not periodically checked/maintained :?: I do and make a very tidy profit as many plumbers will not entertain unusual appliances.

Buy a thermometer TPI 312C or similar post it to your daughter and ask your daughter to check the bath flow temperature and obtain an average temperature over 3 days.

On site investigation is required,every system is different (n)

family comes first (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back