Boilermate 2000 heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help. We have been having problems with our Boilermate 2000 which is about 7 years old. The radiators don't stay warm until they reach the room stat temperature. Frequently if you switch the system to permanently on or the boilermate starts on the timer the radiators will go hot for about 25 mins and then switch off as though the temperature has been reached. The hot water is fine and so far Scottish Gas who do the maintenance have replaced the sensors and its still doing the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Have they replaced the store sensor and checked the ch pump?

Have they replaced the pcb?

Is your boiler firing up when asked?

Sponsored Links
The radiators don't stay warm until they reach the room stat temperature.
I don't understand this statement - please could you put it differently?

Frequently if you switch the system to permanently on or the boilermate starts on the timer the radiators will go hot for about 25 mins and then switch off as though the temperature has been reached.
When you say "switch off", do you mean that the pump stops?

The hot water is fine and so far Scottish Gas who do the maintenance have replaced the sensors and its still doing the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused:
I suggest that you, or they, follow a fault-finding process to home in on the fault.

BTW, what's the store temperature?

The radiators will begin to cool down before they reach the temperature that the room stat is set to. The house never warms up to the temperature on the stat on the hallway.

By "switch off " I was meaning the radiators start to cool down despite not reaching the temperature set on the room stat.

Sorry, not sure what the store temp is.

The radiators will begin to cool down before they reach the temperature that the room stat is set to. The house never warms up to the temperature on the stat on the hallway.
Have you tested the room thermostat?

By "switch off " I was meaning the radiators start to cool down despite not reaching the temperature set on the room stat.

Sorry, not sure what the store temp is.
OK. Then exactly which components have you, or has Scottish Gas, verified are currently working on the appliance?

Sounds as if the store is not being replenished as you are using it.

Points to the store sensor or pcb to me, or at a push the main pump circulating the primary water from the boiler.

Is your boiler set at 'max'. If not it should be. Try it and see what happens. Also, the timer should always be set to 'on' not timed.

That will give the engineer a few more things to have a look at, I think we are being fobbed off at the minute but thanks for everyones help and ideas on this, it gives me something to get them to have a look at as it feels sometimes like they are having a wild guess and to be honest central heating and plumbing is not what I would say is my hot topic.
Thanks again for everyones help

That will give the engineer a few more things to have a look at
TBH if they've not worked on Gledhill appliances before then they're probably not going to be able to fit it, and this topic has done absolutely nothing for you in terms of providing a process that you (or anyone) could follow and be certain of finding the problem.

You could give them the number of Gledhill Tech Support - it's no longer free but at least they'd get proper fault-finding advice.

It can sometimes be extra difficult if there are multiple faults - you need to keep an open mind and work through things systematically.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back