Gledhill Boilermate 2000 replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
We have a boilermate 2000 and ideal classic boiler looking to have it changed.
House is 3 storey 6 bedroom 2 bathroom 15 radiators.

Had a plumber give us a quote he had advised us to rip out the boilermate and just replace the ideal classic with a Ideal Vougue Maxi 40 kW Combi just said would need to reroot some piping when the boilermate is removed.

My concerns are will the water pressure still be has good without the boilermate we have 3 pumps on the boilermate how will just a combi boiler pump enough pressure around the house.

I have read that I would need to replace the gledhill with a invented tank?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Combi boilers heat the Domestic Hot water on demand, so technically pressure and flow from the hot taps should be pretty similar to what you have now. The Ideal isn't the best boiler on the market from what I gather, and bear in mind, with a Combi, there is no stored hot water, so if the boiler breaks down, you have no Central Heating or Hot water until it is repaired. Some installers like fitting Combi's as it's easier, but they are not a 'one size fits all' solution. Also worth noting, most Combi's will struggle to provide hot water for 2 showers at the same time.

If you have the space, Unvented Hot water is probably the way to go. Cylinder will replace your existing hot water tank, and gives option for immersion heater backup in the event of a boiler fault. Unvented cylinders do need an annual service, (can be tied in with boiler service), so you're aware. If mains supply is adequate you should be able to supply both bathrooms simultaneously from a stored HW supply, (until it runs out of hot water!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back