Gledhill boilermate OV and ideal classic boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a question for you knowledgable people out there. We have a boilermate OV and an Ideal classic boiler approx 10 years old. The boiler has developed a fault which has had a fan fitted but the boiler keeps running for a few seconds then cuts the flame and starts again doing this constantly. I have had a gas fitter look at it and has advised taking the boilermate and boiler out and installing a 33kwh combi. What are people's opinions regarding this replacement or should I just replace the boiler and hope the boilermate doesn't start going wrong. The house is a 3 bed detached with 10 radiators and only the 2 of us living there. His rough estimate is £2200 for the combi replacement and taking out boilermate or £1200 for a replacement valiant boiler. We just have thermostatic shower and no electric shower at all. I am a bit sceptical about taking the boilermate out as that is the system the house was built with.

Sponsored Links
Find your self a different gasman, your existing boiler isint that complicated so should be straight forward to diagnose and fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back