Ideal Slimline classic keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recent new home (2 years old), Ideal Slimline Classic with Boilermate OV in upstairs cupboard - boiler repeatedly cuts out and relights straightaway. Seem to have heat and hot water a-plenty, but any suggestions as to why it is doing this ?

Will call in 2-year home warranty, but knowing the shoddy workmanship Wimpey put in to the house in the first place doesn't inspire me with the confidence that they will send someone that can fix it.

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
Boilermates are inherently uneconomical due to being a thermal store. Your boiler could just be dry cycling to keep the store up to temp.

Outside chance that the store stat has had it.

... that they had installed a nice shiny eco-friendly cheap-to-run system.

Thanks for the reply - I'm not a boiler-engineer (obviously) but it seems like, because of the rate at which it keeps going out and relighting (sometimes every 5s or so, for minutes at a time), there possibly is something inside the gas boiler that should detect it is lit, but isn't, if you see what I mean - does this sound likely ?

Or is that what the store stat does ?

Cheers

As it is this frequent then it could be the air pressure switch failing, or flame rectification not being deteced by the pcb.

Outside chance it could be gas valve or pcb, but check the first 2 first.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back