Boilermate ii gledhill boiler buzzing

Sponsored Links
Graduate,,,ROFl...say no more...I thought i was clever too,,when i graduated 40 years ago .
You are no graduate for sure, you are not bright enough. One of these picked it up plumbers. You cannot understand a simple thermal store.

You are no graduate for sure, you are not bright enough. One of these picked it up plumbers. You cannot understand a simple thermal store.
Lol...ok...Consider today another schoolday sonny!...You might graduate from the school of winding your neck in eventually!!..lol...or maybe not

DJnGcAaXoAAsULr.jpg

Rofl....cutting edge technology for h/w requirements in your two bed flat!!!.lololololol...complete with mini 24/7 sauna on the top.

Sponsored Links
I have a question which I hope will get a sensible answer.
I contacted Gledhill about adding an inhibitor. I was told that it goes in through the header tank but it needs to be partially drained first and refilled after the inhibitor has been added. I do not know how much needs to be added or how much water drained or indeed how to drain it. To find this information I have to phone their premium rate number at extortionate pence per minute.
Can you tell me how to do this as I guess it's not too difficult to do, and do I really need to do it as I live in a soft water area. I know there is inhibitor in the system but I don't know how much.
Thanks

They say 1 litre of X100 if a DHW only thermal store. If the CH is off the store using the stores water, then about 3 litres depending on how big the CH system is. Pour in another dose of inhibitor every three years.

Last edited:
Loads of customers ripped out Gledhill...Not 1 had another fitted...!!!!..

Not one but how many ?

Unless you have a record of every customer who has had a Gledhill installed you cannot make that statement and expect it to be believed.

This has become a very childish conversation......

Can you tell me how to do this as I guess it's not too difficult to do, and do I really need to do it as I live in a soft water area. I know there is inhibitor in the system but I don't know how much.
Thanks

Soft or hard water is largely irrelevant, water corrodes when it has oxygen in it, which the BM’s certainly will have. I had a drain valve on a radiator which I let out a few litres and then topped the header tank with inhibitor. There is a drain valve on tank itself but use with caution as it might not seal back up. The alternative is to take out water from the header tank with a sponge or cup (turn off water feed first) into a bucket and then fill with inhibitor.

Better to over inhibit than under but 2 litres should be fine with a Boilermate tank plus radiators, although the check your specific size as if it’s the bigger one you might want to do 3 litres.

Soft or hard water is largely irrelevant, water corrodes when it has oxygen in it, which the BM’s certainly will have. I had a drain valve on a radiator which I let out a few litres and then topped the header tank with inhibitor. There is a drain valve on tank itself but use with caution as it might not seal back up. The alternative is to take out water from the header tank with a sponge or cup (turn off water feed first) into a bucket and then fill with inhibitor.

Better to over inhibit than under but 2 litres should be fine with a Boilermate tank plus radiators, although the check your specific size as if it’s the bigger one you might want to do 3 litres.
Look at what inhibitor makers state as the percentage of inhibitor to water. Calculate the total water volume then figure out how many litres of inhibitor is needed.

Look at what inhibitor makers state as the percentage of inhibitor to water. Calculate the total water volume then figure out how many litres of inhibitor is needed.

Fair shout, though generally people find it difficult to estimate total volume as it’s hard to calculate radiator capacity on top of thermal store. Won’t go far wrong with 2 litres of ‘normal’ concentrate like Sentinel.

Fair shout, though generally people find it difficult to estimate total volume as it’s hard to calculate radiator capacity on top of thermal store. Won’t go far wrong with 2 litres of ‘normal’ concentrate like Sentinel.
A thermal store will need more than 2L

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back