Boilermate ii gledhill boiler buzzing

As the one who mentioned the BM2 a few days ago and started this debate, as a consumer with very little knowledge of all matters plumbing, I more than welcome anyone to service my system to see how good or bad it is, free of charge of course as I'm donating the equipment lol
Gledhill is a pile of rubbish best of in the bin.

Sponsored Links
As the one who mentioned the BM2 a few days ago and started this debate, as a consumer with very little knowledge of all matters plumbing, I more than welcome anyone to service my system to see how good or bad it is, free of charge of course as I'm donating the equipment lol
You are dumping something that is only 7 years old because it has a buz? My oh my! Get someone in who knows about Gledhills. Simple. Get it sorted. Do not listen to jobbing plumbers, anything with a pcb frightens them.

Sponsored Links
Cut your losses and bin it...7 years is about it....all downhill from there with gledhill rot boxs.My customers hated them...had to run them flat out even right through last summer in order to have hot water...Ferkin not pizz wise appliances...the flats were like a sauna.

Waste of time getting these serviced - as a few others have said and as I found out lots of engineers either know nothing about them or don’t want to touch them, so I agree that calling people out is likely to cost you more as you might end up with 3 call outs before you find someone who knows anything.

Not sure of other models but the BM2 is actually simple once you read up on it and you can DIY pretty much everything on it. Keep it topped up with the right levels of inhibitor and you might get lucky like me and find it a great system. Gas bills were ridiculously cheap (less than £30 p/m), probably down to it only needing a small heat-only boiler to feed it.

Suspect those with issues mostly didn’t have inhibitor in - mine was 19 years old when I moved out and it was still going fine.

as a few others have said and as I found out lots of engineers either know nothing about them or don’t want to touch them
Thank you. Best go to Gledhill and ask then for a local man who knows about them. Avoid useless jobbing plumbers.

Engineers? Do mean servicemen?

Your knowledge of controls and electronic is about zero. Stick to drains. Know your level.

Imagine talking to someone like that in the real world!!

Got to be the rudest person in here. And we all know bad manners show a lack of education.

And he never puts anything in his posts that’s not from a Google search.

Sad really

Suspect those with issues mostly didn’t have inhibitor in - mine was 19 years old when I moved out and it was still going fine.
Loads of customers ripped out Gledhill...Not 1 had another fitted...!!!!..

Imagine talking to someone like that in the real world!!

Got to be the rudest person in here. And we all know bad manners show a lack of education.
A straight talking graduate sunshine, who does not suffer fools or amateurism.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back