Bolier and Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is one for the plumbers/sparks or experienced diyers

I have a Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 oil fired boiler which heats a gravity fed Central heating system and heats a hot water cylinder. there is a Danfoss Pump.

ive been confused for a while, it seems my control panel wasnt working as when i switched all "off" but the dial on boiler to select temp (i belive) still set at position 2 the boiler is still firing what im used is that the whole system should be off!

so ive opened it all up today and when i switch off the central heating bit i can hear the motorised valve clicking and seems like its moving but all rads still hot after a few hours

but when operating the hot water motorised valve i can hear nothing and boiler still fires up etc

so could it be that the motorised valve for hot water is not operating??

ive also noticed that the danfoss pump is running all the time, its not noisy etc but the whole pump is very hot!! (ive worked with these on ships systems and normally the motor bit isnt so hot!) in a house system should the pump run 24/7???

im assuming that the motorised valves also control the pump so if not working i.e open all the time pump continues to run?

appricate advice, im thinking motorised valves need replacing

Sponsored Links
Motorised valves are in effect a relay and have contacts which close when the valve is open ( but NOT when opened manually! ).

That switch is used to bring on the boiler and pump!

What make/model are yours? Photo?

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back