bolier leaking when cold???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 Sanier Duval Thema F's, one does HW one does CH. The CH boiler seems to be leaking a little when its cold, it dumps enough water to drop the pressure by 1/8 of a bar. When the boiler is up and running there are not leaks. Generally both boilers work 100% ok with no other problems. Both were serviced maybe 12-16 months ago.

Just wondering if it's possible the cold weather is causing the leak in a possibility poor/weak seal and when the boiler is running, and things expand with the heat, the seal is improved.

I haven't taken the outer casing of the boiler as yet to see exactly where the water is coming from, that would be my next step.

make sense, any suggestions on other causes.

Thanks
Ewan

Sponsored Links
First things to check are
pressure reliief pipe whoich goes through the wall - tie a plastic bag over to see if it's dripping
rad valve stems - weeping?
Under the boiler - SD's leak for a pastime.

thanks.

i'm a 2nd floor flat and can see no presure release pipe on the outsied wall., all the rads are fine, no weeping. The water is coming out of the bottom of the boiler and its a dirty yellow colour?? which seems weird as if i drian of some liquid from the system via the drian value on the boiler the water clear.

any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back