bolts running through dpc course

M

munchingB

i want to put some threaded rod through a timber frame that sits on top of a course of block work. the dpc will sit on a mortar base and the timber straight on top or maybe with mortar on top sandwiching the dpc.

i want to bolt the timber frame to the blocks but am not sure how to seal around the holes that will be in the dpc... or should i just not be bolting the timber frame to the blocks in the first place?

cheers all-hope youre not getting cooked out there : /

Sponsored Links
Use the wall straps which strap the timber down onto the wall. If you put a hole in the dpc, it won't be much of a dpc anymore.

Is this for a wall plate for a roof?

Sponsored Links
its for the wall plate.

sorry dude not much point in pics as all it would show
is a course of foundation blocks : /

If it's for a wall plate at the top of a wall for a roof, you don't need dpc anyway.

I think he means the sole plate, which was often shot nailed through in timber frame construction without problems, although it can be fixed without going through the DPC.

sole plate sorry yes-so how to attach the wall frame without going through the dpc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back