Bonding coat/multi finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still only a beginner so loads of questions! Am I correct in saying a bonding coat would be used on a ?? artex ceiling prior to a multi finish skim. Also I have been asked to skim a few walls for a friend. One part of a wall has broken right away (old plaster) sounds like down to brick. Would I use a bonding coat (following PVA on old brick) for this section, then PVA this coat prior to plastering - multi finish- this section?

Sponsored Links
bonding on aretx if it's a deep pattern, otherwise just skim.

bonding on brick would need PVA first as it's for low suction background, hardwall better IMO for this, only need to wet brickwork first.

ideally skim the basecoat the same day, otherwise PVA it the end of the day before skimming the next.

Sponsored Links
Hardwall comes in 25Kg bags, this will cover an area of about 25-30sq metres working at a standard depth of approx 10mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back