Bonding guttering/Roof

Not debating the quality of the job but if there is a bellcast at the bottom the bonding gutter won't sit properly. We usually fit a lead saddle.

Doubt they have.

Fairs fair, however "The angle at the bottom of the roof can change as stated previously" but it has not changed in the pics.
Anyway, I'll leave this thread & thanks for replying to my Q's.

(y)

Sponsored Links
Update.. so today the rather aggressive roofers came back firstly there was nothing wrong, I asked why they or our neighbours ( who did not actually know what they we’re doing )tell us they were going to remove our tiles? Trespass as they did not ask our permission. I wouldn’t have brought it up but one of the roofers was like a nipping Yorkshire terrier after a very heated conversation they said that they would straighten and look at the bonding guttering, after it leaked! I conveyed the points given and was accused of making it up wanted numbers etc it wasn’t pleasant at all! Our neighbours roof is their problem they didn’t even show after arranging them coming!

Last edited:
Update.. so today the rather aggressive roofers came back firstly there was nothing wrong, I asked why they or our neighbours ( who did not actually know what they we’re doing )tell us they were going to remove our tiles? Trespass as they did not ask our permission. I wouldn’t have brought it up but one of the roofers from Wold Roofing East Yorkshire was like a nipping Yorkshire terrier after a very heated conversation they said that they would straighten and look at the bonding guttering, after it leaked! I conveyed the points given and was accused of making it up wanted numbers etc it wasn’t pleasant at all! Our neighbours roof is their problem they didn’t even show after arranging them coming!

The images on their Facebook page look pretty decent, certainly don’t seem like cowboys.

yet being aggressive to customers is definitely a sign of a cowboy.

I’m more suspicious now because of the aggression why be so defensive if you have nothing to hide? They said the bonding gutter was sat on lead, I don’t know because I can’t see that, they said I’d made up all the points raised ‍♀️ That would be difficult as I’m not a roofer. Anyway I’ve been in touch with building regs as we also live in a conservation area, which I wouldn’t have done if they had been courteous.

Sponsored Links
I’m more suspicious now because of the aggression why be so defensive if you have nothing to hide? They said the bonding gutter was sat on lead, I don’t know because I can’t see that, they said I’d made up all the points raised ‍♀️ That would be difficult as I’m not a roofer. Anyway I’ve been in touch with building regs as we also live in a conservation area, which I wouldn’t have done if they had been courteous.

He was aggressive as he wants the problem to go away without doing anything

Good tradesmen dont get aggressive with customers.

If there was no saddle / lead at the bottom then it would leak through the soffit or behind the gutter.
It does look shoddy though.
It should be said sometimes it's how one asks that gets the best from a person ..
Conservation possible can of worms for you as well . Building control should have been notified, they would have been required to inspect insulation

We entered the conversation quite calmly it was the roofer that started shouting etc! To be fair one of the roofers were ok but the other just wouldn’t reason and was shouting at me from across the street! We’ll see what building regs come back with at the end of the day all we want is a right job doing. They actually said they’d welded the lead flashing on their chimney I wasn’t aware that’s what they should/would do ‍♀️ I can only fight for our problems the neighbours need to take up their issues with them.

Building regs did not come to inspect it at all they were literally up and of in a day and a half!

Fairs fair, however "The angle at the bottom of the roof can change as stated previously" but it has not changed in the pics.
Anyway, I'll leave this thread & thanks for replying to my Q's.

The chimney is the neighbours not ours the party wall line is where the painting ends

Re; painting - I q'd that earlier. Re; the "roofers" Fancy sign written vans etc mean nothing. Certain " mobile" people do roofing and driveways. The best builder /roofer I know ( went to school together ) always drives old vans until they fall apart. Never advertised since mid '70s. Retired now. Definitely take it up with the conservation people. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back