Bonding towel rad in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having my bathroom re-fitted and am having a plumbed chrome towel rad that also has an electrical element. All the pipe work is copper. I know all exposed metal within the bathroon needs to be cross bonded. I am looking at the best way of bonding the towel rad in the most discrete manner.

My bathroom sits directly above the cupboard where my boiler is, all the pipes at the boiler are cross bonded will this satisfy the regulations. The flow and return go directly under the bathroom floor from the boiler. Its a combi boiler, thus hot and cold feed also bonded here.

If this doesn't satisfy the reqs would the fact the fused spur feeding the towel rad is shown to be bonded to the hot and cold water supply in the bathroom and also to the lighting cct in the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
For my money yes aslong as 4mm bonding goes from switch or flex out of towel rail to any other electrical appliance in zones and to bonded pipework under boiler and it is all copper with no push fit joints you are adequately protected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back