Booster Pump Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of these hot water tanks combined with a small cold tank on top.
As I get such low pressure hot water I thought of installing a booster pump.
The problem is that the flowrate of the pump I want to get is faster than the make-up rate from the ballcock which will cause the cold tank to empty after a short while.
Is there such a thing as a high flowrate ballcock that can fill at a higher rate than the standard ones? I have good cold mains pressure.

I can only find a few single impeller pumps with integrated flowswitch. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer that makes a good range of these?

Sponsored Links
Is there such a thing as a high flowrate ballcock that can fill at a higher rate than the standard ones?

SOme are about, or you can fit 2, or a 3/4" one instead of 1/2". Of course you can't enlarge the hole and put a bigger ball float on a BS ballvalve because then it woouldn't comply with BS.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Of course you can't enlarge the hole and put a bigger ball float on a BS ballvalve because then it woouldn't comply with BS.

say no more! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back