Bosch 1400 Exxel partial spin only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine drum did not run spin cycle. Removed the back to check belt which was okay. However Bushes had worn on motor. Replaced bushes the correct way. ran spin cycle and machine goes for 2 mins and then cuts out, tries again but same happens then timer drops to zero. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Brushes probably need some work.
Using some wet and dry make sure they move easily up and down in the holders and try and match the contact angle of the old brushes.
Make sure when you fit them the longest edge is on the connector side.
Check resistance across the brushes using a suitable multimeter -good contact will be about 3ohms for solid(cheap) carbons and about 5ohms for
laminated(more expensive brushes)

if this doesnt work then the armature will be the next thing to work on....

I have cleaned up the bushes and the armature. Ran the spin cycle which is 11mins speeds up then at 9mins slows down, it then speeds up and slows down the display then goes from 8mins straight to 1 and stops. Feel like taking a hammer to the machine

Sponsored Links
Hi

Did you manage to get your machine working? I am having the same problem and have been told I need a new motor.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back