Bosch CDi40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, any idea why my boiler has suddenly lost gas pressure. The PCB controller went faulty over the weekend and a Bosch engineer arrived today who replaced the board under warranty. When he ran the boiler up with the new PCB he noticed the gas pressure at the Mag Valve was only 7.6mBar.

He checked the pressure at the gas meter and the standing pressure was 24.3mBar. He checked the standing pressure at the Mag valve input and it was 24.3mBar. When turned on the boiler it slowly dropped to 7.6mBar.

I've stripped the manual valves down and pushed OFN through the pipe and it was all clear. This boiler has ran ok for 2 years. Any ideas?

Paul

Sponsored Links
The pipe is 22mm and is no more that 12 metres from the gas meter. There is a 15mm branch off, feeding the gas hob about 2 metres from the meter. The meter and govenor was replaced 18 months ago by Transco.

It sounds to me like the engineer should have checked the working pressure at the meter.

Sponsored Links
22 mm is a bit too small, but not so much too small that you would get an inlet pressure this small.
My first guess would be a problem with the service pipe or faulty meter/governor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back