Bosch Classix Dishwasher tripping MCB switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Bosch dishwasher which is about 3 years old, which has worked perfectly up until thursday. The problem is that when the appliance is plugged into the mains socket it trip the MCB switch. I cannot get the dishwasher on as it trips before i can even put the switch on the plug on.

Can anyone advise what the problem could be? I rang one person, who told me to put the dishwasher on it left side and to let the water drain out completly and then to leave the machine to dry out and then he'd come over in a few days to check where the leak was come from that's causing the short circuit.

Sponsored Links
check connections by the interference supressor, ( where cable enters the machine at the back base)
but switch off first
if pulled can come loose - first place to look
then take the front panel off and have a look for chafing wires on the loom by the base of the door and around the soap dispenser and pcb

I have an Bosch dishwasher which is about 3 years old, which has worked perfectly up until thursday. The problem is that when the appliance is plugged into the mains socket it trip the MCB switch. I cannot get the dishwasher on as it trips before i can even put the switch on the plug on.

Can anyone advise what the problem could be? I rang one person, who told me to put the dishwasher on it left side and to let the water drain out completly and then to leave the machine to dry out and then he'd come over in a few days to check where the leak was come from that's causing the short circuit.

Just to update this post, I had someone come look at my dishwasher & he couldn't figure it out. Initially he thought it was a burnt out mains filter / suppressor but it seems that is fine, he checked through the entire machines and see any faulty part. He suggested replacing the mains filter / suppressor but offered no guarantee that it would fix the problem.
Do i take a chance and spend the £75 for the new part or just buy a new dishwasher? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Before you tipped it on its side to let it drain water out was the base full of water??

Your post seems to give the impression you had a leak

Before you tipped it on its side to let it drain water out was the base full of water??

Your post seems to give the impression you had a leak

Hi

When I contacted an engineer he advised me to tip the machine onto it left side to drain any residual water that maybe in there, i haven;t done this. There has not been any sort of leak though...any ideas what it might be...??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back