Bosch Classixx 1200 Express

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Bosch machine leaks water intermittently - no particular pattern to it and I can't see where it's coming from. We've also noticed that on the rare occasions we get a power outage it will leak quite drastically. I suspect that the two conditions aren't entirely unconnected - any ideas please?

Model number is WF02466GB/07

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by a "power outage"??? Does it trip your rcd?
It could be leaking anywhere...take off the back plate & look for a source. Check for a hole in the door bellow. Or lean the washer back against a wall, take off the base-plate & check for leaky hoses etc.

What do you mean by a "power outage"??? Does it trip your rcd?
It could be leaking anywhere...take off the back plate & look for a source. Check for a hole in the door bellow. Or lean the washer back against a wall, take off the base-plate & check for leaky hoses etc.

Power outage as in power cut. We've had a couple of scheduled outages recently and my OH has forgotten to make sure the washing machine was off. Both times the machine has flooded the floor.

I've had the back off already and even had it laying on its back - there are no obvious signs of leakage visible. I've checked the drain hose and the pump hose both seem ok, I've also run my fingers round the door seal and that seems fine too.

The power "outages" have nothing to do with the leak. When a machine suffers a power loss it stays in limbo until power is restored...then it just starts where it left off. If you say you have checked the obvious then a defective inlet valve may be your culprit. Have you noticed any overfilling?

Sponsored Links
The power "outages" have nothing to do with the leak. When a machine suffers a power loss it stays in limbo until power is restored...then it just starts where it left off. If you say you have checked the obvious then a defective inlet valve may be your culprit. Have you noticed any overfilling?

That's what it should do, I agree. However, both times we've had a power outage we've had a flooded floor which doesn't seem like a coincedence to me. Normally the intermittent leak produces a small quantity of water not a flood and we've only ever had a flooded floor on those two occasions.

I haven't noticed any overfilling to be honest, apart from the minor leak the machine runs normally but I'll certainly take the top off and have a look at the inlet valve for signs of leakage there.

A partially jammed inlet valve doesn't leak externally, it allows too much water to flow into the machine & it leaks out other places, like the door seal. But this should also be evident when the washer isn't in use, by filling over time with clean water. I don't know what your drain system looks like but it isn't uncommon to get a blocked stand-pipe. Sometimes it leaks a little, sometimes a lot...

It's definitely not filling when the machine is off - the drum remains dry when it's not in use. The machine drains directly into the trap on the sink next to it - it's one of those with a spigot that fits the outlet hose. The drain runs freely.

I'm waiting for brushes for the motor at the moment. I'll take the top off when I have the machine out to fit them and have a good look around the inlet valve and associated plumbing for leaks. Thanks for your help so far - it's appreciated :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back