Bosch condenser dryer - remove rear fan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a WTE84307GB/13 - I am currently giving it a good clean up as it has been not working very well. Inside was grim!
I have cleaned out the sump/pump and the hoovered it out in side above the motor etc . Have removed the cover and cleaned up the front fan.
Removed the back panel and cleaned up the heater and fan - but behind the fan is caked up and I can with difficulty pull out soggy lint from behind it going from the condenser side.
I need to remove the fan to get behind it ...
It is attached with what I thought might be a small torx or allen key - I can get neither to fit very well and it is chewing it up - does anyone know what you are supposed to use and what direction to turn it in?
I can see looking at the new parts that bosch have replaced it with a new design - attached with a normal screw. So I guess this might be common problem?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Replying to myself in case anyone else has the same problem .
After lots of internet searching I found a similar idea...basically you don't need a screw driver at all - the fan screws off the spindle rather than it slotting on and using some kind of screw to keep it in place. (And I found that sometimes (in the US?) this fan seems to be called a 'dryer blower fan'.)
So you need a spanner/wrench and a socket - or two spanners.
One (socket) goes on the plastic nut shape on the fan (which I thought you used to hold it still whilst you turned the screw) and the other one goes on the thin metal nut on one side of the small pulley/belt to hold the drive shaft still. And you turn the fan clockwise with the socket and then by hand until it comes off.
Only caution (apart from watching you don't damage the pulley belt) - in my case it came loose really easily - easier that I was expecting and used too much force and managed to gash my hand on the casing....
Now just hoping I can get it all back together again....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back