Problem with Bosch Condensing Dryer Filer light staying on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a problem with my 2 1/2 year old Bosch Condensing Dryer wte84307gb/13 The filter light is flashing and the machine will therefore not work. I have cleaned the filter and washed the condenser until no bits remain, but still the filter light stays on and the machine stops after a few minutes. Any ideas gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
You almost certainly need to clean the pump & reservoir, they get blocked very easily. To do this you need to remove the lid, condenser, water tray, & LH side panel. Pump is at the bottom near the back. You also need to take off the removable lid just behind the pump to clean out the reservoir.

Hi Zipper,

I've had the side off and cleaned the reservoir. I've also cleaned the impeller blades that blow cool air through the condenser. The condenser is clean as well.

The condensed water pump works - it switches on and off.

However, after all this the machine will still only run for a few minutes before the filter light comes on and the machine stops.

Do you have any more ideas?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
On the back is a large domed cover, underneath is a heater with an air channel below it. Remove the cover & check there isn't a buildup of fluff etc blocking airflow through the element. Then remove the filter in the door opening & check with a torch that there isn't a bad buildup of fluff, sock (or similar) stuck underneath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back