HOOVER NEXTRA CONDENSER DRYER NOT DRYING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help me please (with sugar on :LOL: )...my Hoover nextra condenser dryer has stopped heating up.

The filter care light keeps lighting up. I have cleaned the filter basketty thingymajig inside the dryer, and the fliter at the bottom of the machine, but it appears that no water is going into the water catchment container, and the dryer is just blowing cold air.

Any help will be gratefully received, and if possible I hope I will be able able to fix it myself (fingers crossed).

Thanks a lot peeps, I really appreciate it :D
SB xxx

Sponsored Links
One of the thermostats on the back of the machine has tripped and gone open circuit.

Thanks a lot Sleepyhead, can I fix it myself?, and if so, how can I do that hunny??
If you dont mind sharing your knowledge with a numpty :LOL:

SB xxx

Remove the panel on the rear covering the heater. Use a multimeter and test the thermostats for continuity. Normally the one on the left (looking from the rear) is open circuit. You'll need to replace it (possibly both).
Be careful when working on it as the panel edges are like razor blades.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Sleepyhead.......if I need to replace the thermostats, where can I get them from, and do you have a rough idea of how much they are likely to be, please??

Thanks for all your help so far :)
regards
SB xxx

Local repair shop should be able to get them for you. Sorry, no idea on prices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back