hoover Nextra condenser dryers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my hoover nextra dryer is leaking the water tank is not conecting properly with the fitting underneath the condensing unit and so the water is bypassing the tank and pooling underneath the dryer. Any ideas on how i sort this out would be appreciated as i cant use it as it is

Sponsored Links
Try cleaning out the condenser cartridge (should have no blockages in it) then behind the cartridge where the water goes when condensed (fluff collects there and when it dries it sets hard) there should be a channel and hole for the water to go into before going into the tank this gets blocked by fluff, and causes the water to flood out of anywhere it can (very often causing the stats or heater element to fail)

Thank you very much for replying. It's not the most accessible part but as suggested i found dried fluff around the tube from the condenser i have cleared it now and hopefully this will sort things as the tank is now staying in place Thank you

Sponsored Links
Condenser dryers take a little bit of maintenance to keep working properly

Always clean the condenser after use (wash it through so no fluff stays inside)
Every once in a while clean out the inside of the machine where the condenser fits as well (bit awkward reaching inside but it will prolong the life of the machine)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back