Bosch Condensing Combi Boiler....

If this is the one I think it is, the "programmer" becomes the text display as it is called that gives full access if you press the right buttons in the right way.
Can't recall the exact sequence by heart, but would not put this in the general section if I remembered anyway.

Sponsored Links
The old HE+ came standard with full text display and access to all underlying software. If the settings got mixed up, it can do all sorts of weird things.
Might be worth resetting it to factory defaults. You can set them up to do exactly what you want, when you want it. You can also easily mess it up big time; I wouldn't recommend playing with it unless you have all the data.
The current CDI's still have the option to stick the diverter electronically in mid position to facilitate draining. Never tried it, but I would guess the same is possible on the HE+.

Gotchya, this would explain why the original guy who serviced the boiler ran for the hills! So, he may of messed up this multi function display by accident? If it has been set mid way, his would explain why the hot water seems to be effecting the CH - right?

The symptom seems to indicate the valve is stuck in midposition; whether this is due to an erroneous setting, or a blockage, is anybody's guess.

Why was the other guy called out in the first place?

In order to change or check the values of the service
functions:
B Press the button until the symbol – – appears on
the display.
The button is lighted.
B Turn the temperature control until the desired
function number appears on the display.
Once changed or checked the function value:
B Press the button until the symbol [ ] appears on
the display.
The display shows the heating outlet temperature.
B Regulate the temperature control and the temperature
control on the previously set positions.
In order to reset the main menu function values to their
default values:
B Power OFF the appliance.
B Press the button and keep it pressed.
B Switch on the appliance, press and hold the button
until the display shows r1 followed by [ ].

2.7 is Automatic anti-cycle time 0 = disabled.

Sponsored Links
The symptom seems to indicate the valve is stuck in midposition; whether this is due to an erroneous setting, or a blockage, is anybody's guess.

Why was the other guy called out in the first place?

He was there to simply do a service

I think he was playing with the settings.

Have you got the service instruction for the Greenstar HE, it's all in there.

That's what they all say. :LOL:
It's amazing how many people don't have the boiler serviced for years, and then suddenly decide it is a good idea to have the boiler serviced.
Quite often this idea comes up after unsuccessfully trying to re-light the boiler. :rolleyes: Always ask casually before you start the service, or even better on the phone when they book you, if the boiler ever had any hickups. And run a few basic checks before you actually start to see if the boiler did not just happen to develop a fault in the last 5 minutes. Ch on independently? Dhw on independently? Gasleak? System pressure? That sort of thing.

I think he was playing with the settings.

Have you got the service instruction for the Greenstar HE, it's all in there.
No it's not, not even close. I have got an additional 40 or 50 pages, and I don't think even that is all there is.

Well it's in mine so there :LOL:

254 pages in mine, and 9 mb if you can take large files.

That's what they all say. :LOL:
It's amazing how many people don't have the boiler serviced for years, and then suddenly decide it is a good idea to have the boiler serviced.
Quite often this idea comes up after unsuccessfully trying to re-light the boiler. :rolleyes: Always ask casually before you start the service, or even better on the phone when they book you, if the boiler ever had any hickups. And run a few basic checks before you actually start to see if the boiler did not just happen to develop a fault in the last 5 minutes. Ch on independently? Dhw on independently? Gasleak? System pressure? That sort of thing.

Yes, at one part during our conversation i did start to get a bit suspicious. Until very recently i have been self-employed, i start with a small local firm on the 5th Oct full-time, in the mean time i'm just subbing for them. It's because of incidents like this that i'm happy to go back to employment. :)

I think i'll give Worcester-Bosch technical a bell in the morning too, and tell them of the conclusion you have come to and see what they say!

Oh.. and this customer. He seems to of been a bit of a DIYer, had all the manuals and that pulled up off the net.

Well it's in mine so there :LOL:

254 pages in mine, and 9 mb if you can take large files.

254 pages :eek: Would that be the manual for the mk1 by any chance? I've only got the books for the mk2, and that is about 100 pages together, plus some more for the tr2.

And I can take large files indeed, just got a new computer and lots of empty space on the disks, waiting to be filled. :LOL:

A copy would be most appreciated please, pretty please, sugar on top, and a virtual pint if you are not a teatotal.

I'll send you the info on the mk2 if you want, if it is any different that is.

Just says Greenstar HE installation guide, I probably transferred it from their CD.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, I look forward to dragging it out of my inbox.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back