Baxi 105 he diverter problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a Baxi 105 he instant boiler. Today I came home to find the CH on, but there was No demand and not selected to run at that time (timer). The boiler was firing the instant hot water but heating the rads. Hot water has been iffy for a couple of weeks, not cutting in on flow first time, have had to turn off and on again. Do you think its the diverter stuck in CH or part way between CH and DHW? Do you think it could be CH diverter diaphragm. With the DHW temp turned off and HW tap turned on boiler fires so guessing DHW diaphragm is ok? Help/advice please. Cheers Paul

Sponsored Links
Took front off the boiler to suss out the job, thought i would try it on pre-heat to see what happened. Its working fine, cant get it to replicate the fault, diverter seems to be fine and can be heard changing over (well the motor). Would you wait for it to become a hard fault again? Could it be a diaphragm/micro switch instead? I will still take any advice, you cant get enough info.
Paul

Sponsored Links
Gents,

The diverter has given up totally now (No DHW) the time has come to change it. I can see its akward, is there anything in particular i should be aware of? (seals etc) What actually happens to the guts of the diverter, when they fail?

Cheers Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back