Baxi 105 E strange problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
Ok here I go Baxi 105 E [Not the instant or HE]
HW diaphragm leaking replaced! Checked all pressures/electrical. Everything ok for a few hours, then >first the pressure rose to 3bar on the CH dropped that to 1bar after changing the pressure relief valve> everything fine for a few days and now no CH. But!
This is really baffling me lift the CH pressure switch nothing happens it is calling for heat? Lift the HW pressure switch CH comes on? Set the HW only on the control knob turn the HW tap on and the CH comes on with the HW No HW Preference. Put the control to CH/HW> CH no work no flashing lights nothing, turn the HW tap on and both CH/HW back on? :confused:
My first diagnosis is the PCB. Anyone had this problem here who can help?

Sponsored Links
As always, I could be wrong because I cant see it but I would be suspecting a dodgy diverter and a dodgy programmer going by what you said

As always, I could be wrong because I cant see it but I would be suspecting a dodgy diverter and a dodgy programmer going by what you said

Mmm... now forgot to say The PCB had water on it at the first visit? :oops:

Sponsored Links
The PCB had water on it
Probably bust then, that's what they do.:(

Yes probably! I am still puzelled with this though
Lift the HW pressure switch CH comes on? Set the HW only on the control knob turn the HW tap on and the CH comes on with the HW No HW Preference.
As Slugbabydotcom:cool: suggested ;) it very well could be the diverter? as for the programmer I have linked that so have ruled that out.
So Thursday I will change the PCB. In the meantime I will keep looking here in case something else springs to mind :)

NOt odd really. If you lift the HW pressure switch it thinks there's a HW demand so the boiler would light. Because the DV hasn't moved, as the hw isn't on, the ch gets hot.

This is really baffling me lift the CH pressure switch nothing happens
It isn't a ch switch it's a pump-on detecting switch.

Check you have a call for heat in the boiler with a meter.

NOt odd really. If you lift the HW pressure switch it thinks there's a HW demand so the boiler would light. Because the DV hasn't moved, as the hw isn't on, the ch gets hot.

This is really baffling me lift the CH pressure switch nothing happens
It isn't a ch switch it's a pump-on detecting switch.

Check you have a call for heat in the boiler with a meter.

Yes have done that ;) Thats what makes me think PCB. As that would make a boiler do such odd things. Like with the old grey cells :LOL:

I am a retired PC engineer :eek: a PCB is as a MOBO is on a computer bloody strange :LOL:

You didn't put the micro switches back on the wrong plungers?

Red on top. Green on front.

Problem solved replaced PCB+Pressure relief valve :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back